TO: The General Public
FROM: Sir. Dr. Jeffrey Lin, CEO, GCOX
DATE: 19 February 2019
Phishing Email Alert
- Please read the following important information.
- It has come to our attention that a fraudulent phishing email is being circulated, alleging, among other things, that (1) GCOX is launching a second tranche of public sales in March 2019; and (2) users may participate in a private sale in respect of the second tranche by sending ETH or BTC to certain BTC and ETH wallet addresses provided in the phishing email (“Phishing Email”).
- Please be warned that the information alleged in the Phishing Email is FALSE.
- If you have received this Phishing Email or any email with similar content, you should not respond to the email and report this Phishing Email to the relevant authorities.
- Please be reminded that we will NEVER send you emails soliciting funds or requesting for your private keys. 5. Please be reminded that we will NEVER send you emails soliciting funds or requesting for your private keys.
- We also recommend that you visit our official website at https://gcox.com to keep apprised of our latest news and developments.
- While we take reasonable efforts to protect users on our platforms, users are reminded that they are solely responsible for verifying any emails received by them and controlling access to and the security of their accounts. GCOX will not be responsible for any loss resulting from any security breaches, including as a result of any phishing attempts.
- If you require any clarification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you.